It doesn't work!

Stuck at a level? Need help with R'n'D or anything R'n'D related? Post here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Sascha

It doesn't work!

Post by Sascha »

Hi,
I have a problem::cry:
I want to give graphics by myself to my CE's and
I work as Daniel H. says (viewtopic.php?t=914), but it doesn't work!
I write in the graphicsinfo.conf file:

name: XXXXXXXXX

sort_priority: XXXXXXXXX

custom_1: XXXXX.pcx
custom_1.xpos: 2 (example)
custom_1.ypos: 4
custom_1.frames: 1
(I don't know what "frames" means, too)

What's my mistake :?:
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

First, make sure that the "graphicsinfo.conf" file is placed in a "graphics" directory in the levelset directory, as well as all the image files you use.
Please check if the game creates a "stderr.txt" file, and if it does, post its content here, so we can investigate the problem further. Also please describe *how* does it not work: does the CE look as normal (the wall with red question mark)? Does it look like an exclamation mark? Does the game crash when starting? What exactly does not work?

By the way, "frames" are used with elements that have some animation. Elements that look the same all the time should have "frames" set to "1". For example, a closed exit or a normal wall has just 1 frame, and an open exit and a butterfly have 4 frames.
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

Sascha wrote:I don't know what "frames" means, too
In an animation, a "frame" is a single picture of part of the animation.

For example, look at the yam-yam in the RocksElements.pcx default graphics file. There are four pictures of yam-yams next to each other, but each picture has the mouth open to a different point.

Here is the graphicsinfo.conf code for a yam-yam:

Code: Select all

yamyam:                                 RocksElements.pcx
yamyam.xpos:                            0
yamyam.ypos:                            5
yamyam.frames:                          4
yamyam.anim_mode:                       pingpong2
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Sascha

Post by Sascha »

Tomi wrote:First, make sure that the "graphicsinfo.conf" file is placed in a "graphics" directory in the levelset directory, as well as all the image files you use.
Please check if the game creates a "stderr.txt" file, and if it does, post its content here, so we can investigate the problem further. Also please describe *how* does it not work: does the CE look as normal (the wall with red question mark)? Does it look like an exclamation mark? Does the game crash when starting? What exactly does not work?

By the way, "frames" are used with elements that have some animation. Elements that look the same all the time should have "frames" set to "1". For example, a closed exit or a normal wall has just 1 frame, and an open exit and a butterfly have 4 frames.
hi Tomi,
after I wrote the Levelinfo.conf file (the pcx files was there in the directory) the CEs kept its usual look. everything was all right but the CEs looked normally (question mark).
I haven't looked at the stderr.txt yet, but I'll send it soon!
Thanks for your help!
Sascha

where is it?

Post by Sascha »

where can I find this
stderr.txt?
:oops:
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

Its in the main Rocks and Diamonds folder.
If it helps at all, use a levelset that already exhists to work from of course renaming the files to whatever you need.

If you cant fix it you could always upload whatever you have to Zomis's rnd file archive then someone else could have a look at it for you.
Sascha

now!

Post by Sascha »

It works now!

Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

Forum sketching is ! Using big letters, Sascha, who is getting aquainted with Forum LS, wrote:THANK
YOU!
You're welcome! :)

Did you happen to find out what the problem was?
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.