Please Help!!

Stuck at a level? Need help with R'n'D or anything R'n'D related? Post here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

catlady

Please Help!!

Post by catlady »

Hi everyone! I'm sorry if this isn't the right place for this, but, I didn't know where to put it. Anyway, the levels my daughters and I made don't show up in the game. They're in the right folders, but, they're not showing up in the game menu. How can I correct this problem? I would appreciate any kind of info on how to correct it. Please Help!!! :cry: :oops: :(
HerzAusGold

Post by HerzAusGold »

Have you create a "levelinfo.conf" in the folder?
Copy it form a other levelset and modify the content with notepad.
If noting help put the level to zomis archive, then we can check it or make corrections.
And the answer is ... 42 !
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Hello catlady,

how have you created those levels initially? At that time there were no problems, I suppose. Have you then copied them to a different computer or something like that? But as HerzAusGold said, please check that there's a correct-looking "levelinfo.conf" in the directory with your levels. That directory itself should be inside "Rocks'n'Diamonds/levels" (inside your "My Documents" directory). Also try to compare the level and/or directory structure with existing (working) level directories to find the problem.

If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask again! :-)
catlady

Post by catlady »

Hello Holger, I copied everything from my daughters' computer and now everything is back to normal. My levels are now showing up in the game menu. Thank you. HerzAusGold, thank you for your help also. How do I submit these levels? We want to share them with all of you. :)
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

catlady wrote:How do I submit these levels? We want to share them with all of you. :)
Go to Zomis' Files Archive here: http://www.zomis.net/index2.php?frame=/rnd/index.php
and upload it there and give us the download link!

But if you want them to be included in the annual Contributions package, then send them to Holger by e-mail.
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
catlady

Post by catlady »

Thank you for the info Martijn. How do I add a download link? I've never done it before. :oops:
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Oh, that doesn't matter. Now you can do it for the first time. :)

First click on 'Login or Register' in the middle of the page. On the page you get, it says 'Not registered? Register now for free!'. Click on that link. Type in your personal data and click then on the button 'Signup now'.

Then you are registered. Now return to the main page (where the link I gave you points to) and click again on 'Login or Register' (in case you aren't logged in after the registration). There you have to type in your username and password. Then click on the green check mark or press enter.

Et voilá, there you are in the uploading section. Click on 'upload file'. There type in some data and select the file you want to upload by clicking on 'browse...'. Then click 'Send File' and you get a page that the file has been uploaded. There you will also find a download link. Copy that link (by selecting it - right mouse click - copy) and paste it in a forum message so that we know it!

This must be clear enough I think! I'm looking forward to playing the levels!
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!