Supaplex, Level 93

Stuck at a level? Need help with R'n'D or anything R'n'D related? Post here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

udo

Supaplex, Level 93

Post by udo »

Hello,

I'm stuck on level 93 of Supaplex. I tried bojster's tape, but it didn't work out. The tape file I downloaded is 339 bytes long; it plays only 39 seconds and then stops, exactly before the part of the level I'm trying to solve :-)

Btw, I'm using version 3.1.0 X11. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanx!
udo
bojster

Post by bojster »

On my webpage with tapes I stated [Supaplex is not fully emulated yet, which makes level 93 unsolvable - this tape is partial only]. You can't solve this level at the moment and we discussed it (with Holger) on the previous forum. In the original Supaplex you run between the two rows of falling bomb. You can't do that until it's emulated in RnD, sorry. Just turn the handicap OFF and enjoy the rest of the levels.
udo

Post by udo »

Thank you very much, bojster. A few days ago, I opened this level with the level creator (on version 3.0.6 SDL) and put Murphy just before the teleporter at the bottom (at position 12,22), and then I was able to get that one Infotron and exit to the right before the bombs hit me. But it didn't work when I played it regularly (it seems that, on that version, there are different gravity values for testing or playing a level). That's why I thought it was a solvable level.
Well, let's face the last 18 levels. Thank you again.
udo
ama

Post by ama »

bojster wrote:On my webpage with tapes I stated [Supaplex is not fully emulated yet, which makes level 93 unsolvable - this tape is partial only]. You can't solve this level at the moment and we discussed it (with Holger) on the previous forum. In the original Supaplex you run between the two rows of falling bomb. You can't do that until it's emulated in RnD, sorry. Just turn the handicap OFF and enjoy the rest of the levels.
When this mistake will be corrected?
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> When this mistake will be corrected?

This specific Supaplex emulation bug will be fixed with the upcoming new version 3.2.0. (I expect to release a testing version soon -- it will be announced on my site and in this forum then.)

Besides that certain emulation bug, there are probably still some other Supaplex emulation bugs in the current game engine, and the engine will definitely never be compatible with most "tricks" (which are in fact bugs) of the original Supaplex game engine.

But even this issue will be solved -- version 3.4.0 will get a 99,9% native Supaplex engine which will also play those levels which rely on "tricks". I cannot tell a release date for that version 3.4.0, but the roadmap is as follows:

3.1.0: current version
3.2.0: 99,9% compatible Emerald Mine game engine (will be released soon)
3.3.0: 99,9% compatible Boulder Dash game engine
3.4.0: 99,9% compatible Supaplex game engine

Hope that helps! :-)
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Holger wrote: 3.1.0: current version
3.2.0: 99,9% compatible Emerald Mine game engine (will be released soon)
3.3.0: 99,9% compatible Boulder Dash game engine
3.4.0: 99,9% compatible Supaplex game engine
wow! Each time I read this, I'm getting more enthusiastic :D !
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!