Snake Bite level 30 - Intermission 5-20

Stuck at a level? Need help with R'n'D or anything R'n'D related? Post here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Maniac

Snake Bite level 30 - Intermission 5-20

Post by Maniac »

First of all, I'd like to say - great game, and awesome level set. The music's great, and there are good puzzles.

This level has me flabbergasted, however. I'm stuck on Intermission 12 (the one with OH GOD ROLLERBALLS). I can get all the gems but the last one. No matter what approach I take, I can't seem to avoid blocking the exit.

:?
bojster

Post by bojster »

You can see the solution tape (get it from here and put it in your tapes directory - backup your own first!, or type :insert-solution-tape in the main menu after ejecting your own - I'm not sure if it works for this levelset though). Read more about using solution tapes here.
I'm sorry that I can't give a simple hint now, but I'm in a hurry and I played it long ago and don't remember which exact part is in question. But it is possible. :-)
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> [...] or type :insert-solution-tape in the main menu after ejecting your
> own - I'm not sure if it works for this levelset though).

It does not work in Snake Bite, because the tapes are not stored in a "tapes" directory, but "tapes/snake_bite", which does not work directly, of course. This was just done to prevent cheating being *too* easy, so you have to put the tapes into the correct directory before playing any of the solution tapes. (So, either replace "tapes/snake_bite" with "tapes" in the Snake Bite level directory, or move the "snake_bite" sub-directory into your personal "tapes" directory.)

To play a solution tape, you can either type ":insert-solution-tape", as bojster already wrote, or just type ":ist" as a shortcut. Do this in the main menu while there's no tape inserted, and press play. :-)

All other level sets which have solution tapes can be used that way, without the need to move any files or directories around before...

BTW: Hey bojster, just noticed that your post was post number 4000 in this forum. Not that it matters much, as a high number of posts is no value on its own... ;-)
bojster

Post by bojster »

Holger wrote:BTW: Hey bojster, just noticed that your post was post number 4000 in this forum. Not that it matters much, as a high number of posts is no value on its own... ;-)
All right! What do I win? ;-)
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> All right! What do I win? ;-)

A new level set -- see the "News" section of the R'n'D main site.

Please understand that I cannot prevent others (who did not post the 4000th post) from also downloading your prize! ;-)
bojster

Post by bojster »

Wee! I'll try it right away. I know it's my prize, but I don't mind sharing it! ;-)
Alan

Post by Alan »

Hi Maniac..... oops, I must of missed this post sorry.

Tricky to describe this, so bear with me......

Dig the sand under the rollers up to the 5th gem.

Grab the 5 gems and dig the single sand over the exit.

Now the tricky bit...

Look at the very left gem, don't dig the sand under it, but
rather one to the right of it.

As soon as you do this, move right and you should be "trapped"
in a tube of rollers.

But you aren't, push the rollers to the left to escape and
get the left gem.

You should now have a line of rollers on the right below the last
gem . Push them right, grab the gem and you're done.

Oh and you are exactly half way through this level! ;-)