Emerald Mine 83

Stuck at a level? Need help with R'n'D or anything R'n'D related? Post here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Cookie

Emerald Mine 83

Post by Cookie »

I such on lev 83 of Emerald Mine.
In tkis line with bombs and rocks.
I have to throw the rocks and make a place to secound player to go further, but I can't.
how to do it??
I tried to push the roks on both side but it doesn't help, because I can't destroy the wall withch is located on the left and right side of this column.

Post by Guest »

Same problem here! Seems there are too few bombs in the stack to reach the destructable walls.
It would be great if someone of the RnD-freaks could confirm this and maybe fix it for future releases, because these classic Emerald Mine levels are bundled with RnD.

Thank you!
Jannik

Post by Jannik »

Sorry, it's my post above, forgot to log in. :?

I already tried to push a rock under the bombs, but I still can't free the way for the 2nd player.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

To be honest, I have no idea how this level could be solved.

I've tried it with the original EMC engine (which should be maximal compatible also with the classic EM levels), but when digging away the sand under that stack of bombs it results in exactly the same configuration.

I haven't thought about fixing this yet, because I still think that it should be possible to solve it with the original game engine. :-o

Has anybody had any succes with this one? (Maybe tested with the original EM game in an Amiga emulator?)

I'm afraid that I'm stuck here, too. :-o
Jannik

Post by Jannik »

I finally found level 83 in the original EM game in WinUAE (level 8 teamwork). The layout (number of bombs etc.) is the same, but there it works!

I captured a little video proof: em83.avi (980KB, DivX 6.1.1)

Seems, the EMC engine needs a little fine tuning. :?
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> Seems, the EMC engine needs a little fine tuning.

Fortunately not! I misunderstood what happened -- with the new EMC engine, the level behaves exactly like in your video snapshot! :-)

What I meant was only: How on earth can the second player reach the right side of the level -- the destructible walls are bombed away, but the player cannot pass that pile of rocks! Any further idea on that one?
Jannik

Post by Jannik »

That's really good news! Can't wait for the EMC engine release! :D

The lower player can push the rocks to left and right until he reaches the emerald, then the upper player can pass .... 8)
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> That's really good news! Can't wait for the EMC engine release!

It's already available in the stable 3.1.2, but the EM/EMC levels are not yet converted. But if you change the engine type in the editor, you can already check it out...

> The lower player can push the rocks to left and right until he reaches the
> emerald, then the upper player can pass ....

Oops, of course!! :-o Now that you write it, I perfectly remember that I played that level that way. I must have totally forgotten about it, because this level was unsolvable for a very long time with the R'n'D engine... :-o
Jannik

Post by Jannik »

Mmmh, when I change the game engine to Emerald Mine for this level, multiplayer doesn't work any more. I see only the first player. :cry:
Is there still a lack of multiplayer capabilities in the 3.1.2 EM engine or did I something wrong?

When I create my own level with a similar situation for one player, it works with EM engine.
Rockford4ever

Post by Rockford4ever »

Jannik wrote:Mmmh, when I change the game engine to Emerald Mine for this level, multiplayer doesn't work any more. I see only the first player. :cry:
Is there still a lack of multiplayer capabilities in the 3.1.2 EM engine or did I something wrong?

When I create my own level with a similar situation for one player, it works with EM engine.
It's pretty normal. In a topic in the Bug Reports I made a topic about it, and Darkon said me it is indeed impossible to do multiplayer in the EMC engine yet.
If you would like to play the level in multiplayer, you could try a Amiga emulator.
But if you want to see it in R'N'D, then that's a problem. I bet it willl work in the soon-coming version 3.2.0.
We are waiting a ling time now, but it's big work because Holger is going to add all the graphics of the most EMC caves!