New Version and EMC levels

Stuck at a level? Need help with R'n'D or anything R'n'D related? Post here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Sollan

New Version and EMC levels

Post by Sollan »

Hi!
Was playing the EMC levels (new) in the new version but it doesn't seem to "float" as well as in the old version. Is this due to my computer? or is it suposed to be like this? It takes a long time to place a dynamite and it's difficult to "snap" a diamond infront of e.g a bug without getting killed. It just seems to be "slower".

and another question; I've made some levels in the old version. They are now in my new version, but if I continue to make levels in the new version will this be a problem, or can I just continue with the same leveset in the new version? If not, how do I make a new folder?

Thankful for help :D

Sollan :)
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

Those are both intentional, the original emerald mines acted that exact way, this is because it checks every so many seconds to see if there is a keystroke pressed (or at least thats what im presuming is happening).
It could be a real bugger, hehe especially on a 2 button joystick that the buttons dont work properly on :-p.

The reason it plays different is because holger implimented a separate engine for emerald mines so it could be played as close to the original as possible, however it can still be played in R&D engine mode (just play the old EMC levels).

It shouldnt be a problem, unless you want to use R&D elements on the emerald mines engine since they arnt supported by it so will simply show up as ?'s. (can be selected on level editor, level info screen)

You can however continue to develop using emerald mines elements on the R&D engine and it shouldnt cause any problems.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Nothing to add here -- Darkon already perfectly answered all questions! :-)