EMC Bond Mine 4-12

Stuck at a level? Need help with R'n'D or anything R'n'D related? Post here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Sollan

EMC Bond Mine 4-12

Post by Sollan »

Hi!
Can anyone help me with this level.... how do I pass the rocks above the magic wall?

Sollan
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Just wait until the next version of Rocks 'n' Diamonds, which will have the original code and these levels are possible then.
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

Or you can help out by using the latest pre-release version of rocks and diamonds to help find problems, the level "should" be completable on it too, and if it isnt, then post about it!
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> Can anyone help me with this level.... how do I pass the rocks above the
> magic wall?

Nasty one... And indeed unsolvable in R'n'D -- yet.

> Just wait until the next version of Rocks 'n' Diamonds, which will have the
> original code and these levels are possible then.

That's right! But ...

> Or you can help out by using the latest pre-release version of rocks and
> diamonds to help find problems, the level "should" be completable on it
> too, and if it isnt, then post about it!

... but note that although Martijn and Darkon are generally right (the new game engine, which is already available in the pre-release version Darkon mentioned, can indeed play EMC levels like the one you mentioned), this does still not work for the old (converted) levels. The new game engine is able to play the unmodified, unconverted original EMV levels (and can indeed solve that level as I just checked), which means that the currently available EMC levels have to be replaced by new sets containing the original levels. This is indeed something I'm working on (when I have some free time) and which is in fact nearly finished.

So you will soon(*) be able to play this level exactly as on the Amiga! :-)

(*) "soon": There is only very little work left to do, but I'm currently massively out of time, so it probably will still take more time than planned... :-(
Sollan

Post by Sollan »

Thanks for the help guys, a little above my head so I'll wait for the final release :D

Does this mean that all the levels where the magic walls don't last long enough and where spaceships/bugs circle around themselves will be playable to? yes, I really like these kind of levels :lol:

Sollan :wink:
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> Does this mean that all the levels where the magic walls don't last long
> enough and where spaceships/bugs circle around themselves will be
> playable to? yes, I really like these kind of levels

If these levels were EM or EMC style levels in their originals, then yes: These levels will then all be exactly playable like the originals (timing, behaviour etc.).