sending levels

Stuck at a level? Need help with R'n'D or anything R'n'D related? Post here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

sending levels

Post by Guest »

I have made 2 levels that I would like to send to a friend of mine. How do I do that?

Pernille
Alan

Post by Alan »

Hi Pernille,

If you are using Windows the levels you made should be in the default:

C:\MyDocuments\Rocks'n'Diamonds\levels\YOUR NAME

Just zip em up, and ask your friend to unzip them into their R&Ds levels folder (it needs a folder of it's own to work though)

Better still, Send the levels to Holger and get them added to the 2004/2005 contributions so we can all play them ;-)
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

... or put them up on http://www.zomis.net/rnd/upload.php and paste the download link here.
(Since Holger still hasn't released the Contributions 2004 my guess is that this is faster)

Post by Guest »

thank you so much, but then another problem ... the computer is registered on another person, so I tried to change the name of the file "my name". Suddenly I had 2 of these "my name" files, and my levels are in the file with my name, where I would like it;) but in the game it's still the other name showing. So when I make levels it's under the other name, but it's saved under my name in the C: my documents/R&D/my name.. if you understand wat I mean. Will this be a problem? I have drawn my levels by hand so it doesn't matter if I have to delet them now.
Hope anyone understood that and can help me;)

My friend will send me 5 levels back, do I need a new folder for that or can I put them in my "my name" file?

I see there's a link above this one about that, but can't say it helps me much ;(

Pernille
Alan

Post by Alan »

I think I understand that :wink:

To fix this, go into the folder with your levels and open up the levelinfo.conf file in notepad.

Change the line:-

name: (the other person's name)

to

name: Pernille

Or what ever name you are using, this should fix it....

Post by Guest »

thank you very much! It worked;)

Pernille
Alan

Post by Alan »

You're welcome
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Welcome to the forum! :-)

To answer your last question:

> My friend will send me 5 levels back, do I need a new folder for that or
> can I put them in my "my name" file?

If you take care not to overwrite level files with the same name, you can just put your friend's levels in your own level folder. But as there's a good chance that you both started with file "000.level, 001.level, ..." etc., it would make things easier to just zip and copy the whole folder with all levels in it, so that both you and your friend have two level folders with the names "your name" and "your friend's name" in your R'n'D levels folder. :-)

It also makes it easier to exchange levels in the future, as neither you nor your friend will have to re-organize the level files in your level folders.