downloading from zomis.net

Stuck at a level? Need help with R'n'D or anything R'n'D related? Post here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Sollan

downloading from zomis.net

Post by Sollan »

hi!
I've tried downloading things from zomis.net, and some things work ok for me and some don't... looks like I don't have the correct program to open it in. I don't really know what I'm doing lol, a zip file is ok, but there my knowledge ends lol.

an example is id 178, 175 and 173.. do I need a special program to use these files?

Sollan
Flumminator

Post by Flumminator »

> an example is id 178, 175 and 173.. do I need a special program to use these files?

Yes, but I suppose you already have it: Rocksndiamonds :)

These are plain level-files. You can copy it in your personal level-folder (or create a new one) and then play them.
Flumminator->PostCounter += 1;
Sollan

Post by Sollan »

lol might be stupid, but not THAT stupid ;)

so I just drag the downloaded file into the file that has my name under levels? sorry but I'm not very good at this lol

Sollan
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Sollan wrote:lol might be stupid, but not THAT stupid ;)

so I just drag the downloaded file into the file that has my name under levels? sorry but I'm not very good at this lol

Sollan
lol, you almost got me worried there... I thought there was something wrong at the webpage.
Yes, that's how you do. Any .level files can be put in any levelset, for example your own levelset (which btw is the directory with your name in the "Levels" directory).
Some zip files contains complete levelsets, those you can put in the "Levels" directory directly.

I hope you are enjoying the archive, feel free to upload your own levels there as well.

Post by Guest »

I have the same problem and still do not understand how to do it. can someone help me step by step? what file to put it in (name of file) and what file has to contain. please help me :cry:
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

It's easiest when you understand how all these files and folders (directories) are structured -- here it is:

On your desktop, there is a folder called "My Documents". If you have ever played R'n'D, it contains a folder called "Rocks'n'Diamonds". This is the folder which contains all the R'n'D stuff that is independent from the installation of the game itself.

This folder contains (among other stuff) two folders "levels" and "tapes". The "levels" folder itself contains one folder for each level set you can find in the game (and that was not contained in the game installation itself). Each level set folder contains a set of "nnn.level" files, where "nnn" is a number between "000" and "999".

Example:
If you have correctly installed the level set "BD2K3", you have the following file hierarchy on your desktop:

My Documents\Rocks'n'Diamonds\levels\BD2K3\000.level
My Documents\Rocks'n'Diamonds\levels\BD2K3\001.level

For all files in the Zomis file archive, just have a look how they are stored. It may be a ZIP archive with whole level sets or single level files. Just put them into the file hierarchy as described above. For single level files, you may have to create a new level set folder and a file "levelinfo.conf" in it. If you don't know how to create such a file (which can be done by copying and editing an existing file), just drop the level files in your own level folder (the one that is the same as your user name) and make sure that it does not exist yet (to not overwrite existing levels). If it already exist, just rename it to a different number.

Hope that helps! :-)

Post by Guest »

thank you very much. I can not find my own file. It shows in the game but not in the my documents/r&d.... can not find it anywhere. is it difficult to make a new one?

why are some leve(sets) red, some blue and some yellow?