no exit door

Stuck at a level? Need help with R'n'D or anything R'n'D related? Post here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

sue

no exit door

Post by sue »

In the 2.1.1 sdl version:could someone help please.Rudiger Schafer level 11,there is no exit door after getting the last key(blue).Its disapointing to ge through the level only to find there is no door out and you cant get onto the next level.Thankyou for your help. Sue
bojster

Post by bojster »

First of all, I strongly advise you to get the latest version (3.1.0 at the moment), many things have been fixed since 2.1.1.
Secondly, some of the contributed levels are unsolvable, but they're curently being reworked and in the upcoming release of Contributions 2004 (which will probably come along with RnD 3.2.0) all levels should work perfectly.
In the meanwhile, you can edit the file yourself (you have to add "readonly: false" to levelinfo.conf in the levelset directory to be able to save) or use the fix by Yoshi (which includes fix for the level you mentioned, among many others) which is available here.
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

There's also a possiblity to skip the level, by going to Setup -> Game Settings and turning "Handicap" to Off.
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Zomis wrote:There's also a possiblity to skip the level, by going to Setup -> Game Settings and turning "Handicap" to Off.
But if you want to play the next levels with handicap on, but only want to skip this one, just go to the my documents\rocks 'n' diamonds\levelsetup\rnd-rudiger_schaefer (or so) folder and add +1 to the value behind last_played_level and handicap_level in the levelinfo.conf file there.

It this sounds too complicated, then download rocks 'n' diamonds version 3.1.0 and also download the Unsolvable Level Fix by Yoshi348 ( http://www.zomis.net/rnd/download.php?id=167 ) from Zomis' file archive.
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
bojster

Post by bojster »

Martijn wrote:It this sounds too complicated, then download rocks 'n' diamonds version 3.1.0 and also download the Unsolvable Level Fix by Yoshi348 ( http://www.zomis.net/rnd/download.php?id=167 ) from Zomis' file archive.
Nice that you said it, because the more times you repeat someone else's advices, the more valid they become.
Flumminator

Post by Flumminator »

you may also try rnd_ruediger_schaefer.tar.gz, which contains not only the solution tapes for all 100 levels but also fixed versions of the following levels:

11: added exit
30: removed sand blocking yellow door
34: added blue key
71: removed sand blocking yellow door
96: moved blue door to make it passable
100: removed sand blocking yellow door
Flumminator->PostCounter += 1;
enhjørningen

Post by enhjørningen »

some might find these levels boring, but I really enjoy them....so are there more of those kind of levels out there? anyone know?

and one more question... is it just me or is the speed in level 100 slower than in other levels? and if so...why?
bojster

Post by bojster »

Big levels might be a bit slower on not-so-powerful machines.