scrolling through text

Stuck at a level? Need help with R'n'D or anything R'n'D related? Post here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Martijn

scrolling through text

Post by Martijn »

Hello,

I have an intro level without exit and player. It only contains text. Is it possible to make that you can scroll to the right and down with the arrow keys? And to finish the level although there's no exit?
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> I have an intro level without exit and player. It only contains text. Is it possible to make that
> you can scroll to the right and down with the arrow keys? And to finish the level although
> there's no exit?

This is a subset (special case) of an old idea -- being able to scroll around in the level after the player has died. Ending the level the usual way (like pressing the "space" key) is already possible, but it is not "ending" as in "successfully finishing". So with "handicap: on" you won't be able to move on to the next level. This is something I would have to change: Incrementing the handicap level counter for levels which do not contain any player. This way it would work...
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

yes, but scrolling around is not possible either, as far as I know. Only when it contains an (invisible) player.
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> yes, but scrolling around is not possible either, as far as I know. Only when it contains an
> (invisible) player.

You're right, it's not possible yet (but only a future plan).