Questions about improved Global Anims

Stuck at a level? Need help with R'n'D or anything R'n'D related? Post here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

Questions about improved Global Anims

Post by Eizzoux »

In version 4.0.1.1 when I was digging through the graphics source files of R'n'D, I noticed two attributes I didn't know about: ".anim_event" and ".init_event", which took my attention that time. I wanted to question Holder about that but when he uploaded Supaplex collection update, I dig into it's graphicsinfo.conf and found those attributes being used for the info screen (click the chip in main menu and the info screen will slide in). So I got MUCH more curious about these anims:
  • What events I can also use for global anims?
  • Is that possible to make them be controlled by in-game elements? (as Holger said about that in one of New Ideas topics)
  • Can I use those for the in-game interface? (If I click on the button I need and so the interface slides in the boundaries of the game screen, as example)
  • Is that possible to make the title screen change ONLY if I click on the specified button instead of clicking on any part of screen?
And these are only few of all my questions :D
Sorry if asking too much :)
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Questions about improved Global Anims

Post by Holger »

I noticed two attributes I didn't know about: ".anim_event" and ".init_event"
Quick explanation:

- ".init_event" is the event that starts the animation
- ".anim_event" is the event that stops the animation (and starts the next one)

Both events can contain "click:<anim>" to specify another animation that triggers the first one if clicked (that would be the "chip" graphics in the Supaplex collection), while ".anim_event" can also contain "click" to end that animation when it was clicked. More than one event strings can be specified by using a comma.
What events I can also use for global anims?
Currently only those described above.
Is that possible to make them be controlled by in-game elements?
That would be cool (*very* cool indeed), but is currently not supported/implemented.
Can I use those for the in-game interface?
You can use them on the game screen (when playing a game), but you cannot use them to manipulate the game panel (in-game interface). They can only be used to trigger other animations.
Is that possible to make the title screen change ONLY if I click on the specified button instead of clicking on any part of screen?
No, not directly (but only by using some tricks, like defining clickable transparent graphics covering all areas but the one that should be allowed to be clicked to go to the next title screen, as clickable animations consume those clicks, so they won't trigger the screen change anymore).