new levels

Stuck at a level? Need help with R'n'D or anything R'n'D related? Post here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Stefan

new levels

Post by Stefan »

I have created 20 new levels. How can I publish them?
Can I send them to someone from Artsoft Entertainment?

Stefan
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Not that I belong to artsoft entertaínment, but here I am.
Zomis Productions at your service:
http://www.zomis.net/rnd/upload.php

Upload the file here, and then copy the download link and post it here at the forum :)
bojster

Post by bojster »

Send them over to Holger (info@artsoft.org) and he will probably include them in this year's Contributed Levels package.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Both Zomis and bojster are right, so I don't have to add much.

If you send the levels to me (by mail), I'll indeed include them into the 2004 contributed levels package. Don't forget to also add the solution tapes, to demonstrate that all your levels are indeed solvable and to ensure that future versions of R'n'D will also play all your levels right.
(Although I have few doubts that bojster will record all the tapes in short time if your levels are both interesting and solvable... ;-) )
bojster

Post by bojster »

Haha, if time allows, you can be sure I'll have lotsa fun with the new Contributions package! ;-) ATM I'm finishing the tapes for the latest Richard's set (I would have finished them already if it was not for some other duties I have, but I'm in the pre-last level, so maybe soon it will be ready).
By the way, afair there was some level fixing going on around, so when will the fixed levelpacks for the old contributions be released? I still have quite a few unfinished tapesets because of some unsolvable levels...
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> By the way, afair there was some level fixing going on around, so when will the fixed
> levelpacks for the old contributions be released? I still have quite a few unfinished tapesets
> because of some unsolvable levels...

It's not forgotten. It's just that I had very few time the last weeks (because of job changes). In the free time, I'm currently working very hard on the new EMC engine, which already works quite fine. Since a short time, EMC style graphics can be used for R'n'D levels, and R'n'D graphics can be used for EMC levels. That was a hard piece of work, but it's nearly done now!

The next step will be the all-new "conversion" (the levels are not converted, but kept in their original form to be used by the native EMC engine) of the existing EMC levels package. It's now over 250 level sets instead of 113, and they will all get their original graphics, if nothing goes wrong. (Some EMC sets have their own graphics, like the "Elvis Mines", where you play as -- guess who! :-) ).

I really hope to get a first release candidate of version 3.2.0 out before christmas... :-)
bojster

Post by bojster »

Wow, you always give us the best Xmas gift! ;-)
I'm waiting eagerly :-)
Don Shadow !!!!!

Post by Don Shadow !!!!! »

>The next step will be the all-new "conversion"

Noooo ! X-/

I wait so much for new CE stuffs like pushing (plz answer Holger), inventory, events/effects and fixed "if blocked"-change (does/did not work).

I like RnD itself, not EM and BD.

BTW: I just think about these less people here... I know the reason. It´s the forum, it has a too bad ambience. It seems like all other phpbb forums. It needs to have dark colors ! Maybe brown style or whatever, but something needs to be done !! (My oppinion)
bojster

Post by bojster »

Ah yes, somebody promised (please stand up!) to customize the forum to look at least a bit like the old one... you know - rocks, diamonds, the logo... and it's been forgotten, sort of. Too bad it's so plain :-(
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Richard:
> I wait so much for new CE stuffs like pushing (plz answer Holger),

Done! :)

> inventory, events/effects and fixed "if blocked"-change (does/did not work).

Yes, I know. But I can't do everything at the same time. ;-)

Those new engines are really needed, else you cannot play many of those already existing old levels. Think of the upcoming 20.000 EMC levels with custom graphics! :-)

> I like RnD itself, not EM and BD.

Everybody has his/her favourites. :-)

> BTW: I just think about these less people here... I know the reason. It´s the forum, it has a
> too bad ambience. It seems like all other phpbb forums. It needs to have dark colors !
> Maybe brown style or whatever, but something needs to be done !! (My oppinion)

Dark colors? Brown style? That wouldn't be very readable, I'm afraid. (And probably very ugly...)

bojster:
> Ah yes, somebody promised (please stand up!) to customize the forum to look at least a bit
> like the old one... you know - rocks, diamonds, the logo... and it's been forgotten, sort of.
> Too bad it's so plain :-(

Oh well... If only good old Alan would be back. *sniff* :-(

The second (ProBoards.com) forum really was his forum-masterpiece, and it's gone. :-(

Maybe I'll try some customizing on my own over christmas, but I already know that it will be only a weak reflection of the old days...
Don Shadow

Post by Don Shadow »

> Dark colors? Brown style? That wouldn't be very readable

LOL, the text should NOT be black of course than. ;)
But I mean lighten brown, not too lighten, and not too dark... so the text could be black too.

These colors here do not fit into RnD...
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> LOL, the text should NOT be black of course than.
> But I mean lighten brown, not too lighten, and not too dark... so the text could be black too.

Yeah, now I know what you thought of. Some R'n'D style colors. Yeah, right! :)

> These colors here do not fit into RnD...

You're absolutely right, unfortunately... ;-) :-(

I'll see if I can do something about it (maybe only the colors, so I don't have to create all those images needed). I have to tweak with the forum stuff anyway, because it will be migrated to a new server soon. But don't panic -- besides a (hopefully very short) little downtime, the forum will be back on the new box with all existing users and posts. No "restart from scratch" migration like the last two times. (You all can't imagine how glad I am that I now have all forum data under my own fingers... ;-) )
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Holger wrote:I'll see if I can do something about it (maybe only the colors, so I don't have to create all those images needed). I have to tweak with the forum stuff anyway, because it will be migrated to a new server soon. But don't panic -- besides a (hopefully very short) little downtime, the forum will be back on the new box with all existing users and posts. No "restart from scratch" migration like the last two times. (You all can't imagine how glad I am that I now have all forum data under my own fingers... ;-) )
Hallelujah :)

Let me know if you need a helping hand, but I hope (and believe) that you're smart enough to figure out the colour settings by yourself...

But I gotta admit...even I don't understand all of phpBB's settings.

Erhm...whooo, I'm getting off-topic...I apologize :oops:

!BTW (yes, reversed BTW): Will you include Stefan's levels in Contributions 2004 in the next christmas gift?
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> Let me know if you need a helping hand, but I hope (and believe) that you're smart enough to
> figure out the colour settings by yourself...

Yup, already had a look at some examples on the pbpBB styles demo page. (Navigate to www.phpbb.com and look out for the styles demo page, where you can view a lot of example styles by selecting them from a selectbox, colouring the forum below accordingly. If you visit it, please let me know which styles you prefer and which ones you really hate. :-) )

> !BTW (yes, reversed BTW): Will you include Stefan's levels in Contributions 2004 in the next
> christmas gift?

So far I got no mail from him and did not find them in your archive -- did I miss something?
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Holger wrote:So far I got no mail from him and did not find them in your archive -- did I miss something?
hmm...nope, I haven't got them either. I thought he had mailed them to you by now. Oh well :)