Help

Stuck at a level? Need help with R'n'D or anything R'n'D related? Post here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

ussie

Help

Post by ussie »

Hello, it is my first time on this forum and I got a problem. I like R'n'D very mutch so I downloaded the latest version 3.1.0.
I also downloaded extra levels, but I don't understand how to get them in the actualy game. :oops: My system runs under Windows ME.

I'm sorry for my poor English.
Yoshi348

Post by Yoshi348 »

Meh, your English is pretty good. At least, it requires very little effort to understand, and that's all that matters here.

Adding levels can be a bit confusing. Now, I'm assuming you downloaded a level set that comes in a zip file, because that's what 99% of the levels come as. Now, there are two places where RnD looks for levels:

1) in the folder where RnD resides
2) in your My Documents folder, under Rocks'n'Diamonds.

In either of these places, the game will look in the "levels" directory, and every folder that has a levelinfo.conf file is either a level set or a folder that contains level sets. Open your zip file in your unzip program (not unzip it, just open), and see what path it will unzip to. (Where it says that depends on your program, but it should be pretty obvious.) If it starts with /levels/, you'll need to unzip it outside the levels directory, but if it doesn't, you'll need to unzip it inside the levels directory. (Level creators haven't worked out a standardized system for this yet.)

Sorry if any of that sounded like I was talking down to you, but I have no idea what your level of computer expertise is, so better safe then sorry.
ussie

Re: Help

Post by ussie »

Thank you for your quick reply.
It worked. Thanks to you I can now enjoy the game :D :wink:
richard

Post by richard »

(Level creators haven't worked out a standardized system for this yet.)
Hm ??? :shock:
Maybe you mean me with that lol ? :D
That´s the best way for extracting the levelsets ! ;)

Anyways: Here are all known levelsets you can find in the RnD-forum:
http://artsoft.org/rocksndiamonds/levels.html

But I am angry, that "some levels" counts only as nothing ! They are my 12 best puzzle levels I could ever make ! X-) And they are also good for hiscore ! But the problem is probably, that the name is bad... :?

And yes, welcome ussie ! :D
Yoshi348

Post by Yoshi348 »

Nah, I was referring to everyone. Half the people include /levels in the path, and half don't.
richard

Post by richard »

Well, the only one people doing it so are me and Andreas Buschbeck.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> But I am angry, that "some levels" counts only as nothing ! They are my 12 best puzzle levels
> I could ever make ! X-) And they are also good for hiscore ! But the problem is probably, that
> the name is bad...

It's only a selection of your several sets, and not always up to date, but as there is a link to your page, people can find all of your levels, so it should be fine. :-)