Control Game Speed

Stuck at a level? Need help with R'n'D or anything R'n'D related? Post here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

jmorgie

Control Game Speed

Post by jmorgie »

Is there a way to control the speed of the game? I play Supaplex. I guess from reading some of the forum that there is not yet a way to control the speed. So I vote that this feature be included.

thanks.
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

No, there is not a way to control game speeds. It used to be in some pre-releases but has been deleted from there as well.

The problem is that controlling game speed can be considered as cheating on some levels. We'll see if a feature for controlling game speed will be re-implemented, at least in pre-releases...
bojster

Post by bojster »

It used to be possible, with keys 1-3, but supposedly it was only for debugging purposes, so Holger removed it later. Maybe if you run Supaplex in debugging mode...?
jmorgie

oh yes there is

Post by jmorgie »

Aha !!

At the risk of ruining a good thing, you all forgot to mention the stepwise mode when recording. Please dont eliminate it -- its a way to slow down certain crucial situations to my lousy reflexes dont mess up my chance to solve a level. You see, for me most of the interest is in solving the puzzle, not joysticking or proving my [lack of]hand-eye coordination.

JM
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

It won't be eliminated, although it really is one of the best cheats. And yes, there may be an "official" game speed control setting in a future version.

(The speed keys bojster mentioned are indeed for debugging purposes only, and currently not officially available. Recompiling the game with the "DEBUG" flag defined makes them available again, but this can only be used if you know how to recompile the game...)