A crazy bug which I have no idea how I found :(

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Zomis

A crazy bug which I have no idea how I found :(

Post by Zomis »

Unfortunately, I don't exactly know how I found this bug, but it's strange...
While being in the level editor, I was going to use the randomise function to replace all CE3 with CE1 by using 100% replacement...
Somehow, I think I pushed the wrong buttons or something, CE3 seems to become a copy of CE1. Since this was not my intention, I pressed the undo button a couple of times. Seeing that it didn't help, I exited the level editor and entered it again. Then I noticed that CE3.change_page1 was EXACTLY the same as CE1.change_page1, if I changed something on one of the pages, it affected the other. Restarting the game helped.

I am not at all sure how this bug appeared, and I doubt that I will be able to reproduce it, it is a bug. Not a very serious one hopefully (considering how many times it has happened...), but I thought that it could be worth mentioning... RND 3.1.0-6 used.

Now I'll see if I can finish this level somehow...
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> Then I noticed that CE3.change_page1 was EXACTLY the same as
> CE1.change_page1, if I changed something on one of the pages, it
> affected the other. Restarting the game helped.

Sounds like a pointer to the pages was permanently changed, as only a full restart helped.

If you (or anyone else) should ever be able to reproduce this, please tell me how -- the bug should then be easy to fix.

Until then, it's just "yet another bug" which hopefully does not show up too often without being reproducible... :-(