Time Bonus

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Rockford4ever

Time Bonus

Post by Rockford4ever »

Please change the score per 1 second/step thing back to 10!
It's annoying if you have other highscores for older games like the classic originals, because on for example Boulderdash Cave A1 I had a score of 310 first, now I played it and I got like 1460 or so... you get 10 times as much time bonus!
Could Holger change it back to 10 seconds/steps in the next release?
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> you get 10 times as much time bonus!

Oops -- you shouldn't! :-o

It was changed from "10 points for 10 seconds" to "1 point for 1 second" (as the default setting). So you should always get the same time bonus for the same time left after solving a level.

I have checked the level you mentioned. This is a special case, because the classic, converted levels are always played with the latest engine version, which caused using a score of 10 points for each second left in this case.

I have fixed this, so that even when using the "latest engine" switch, the "score for seconds left" value gets adjusted accordingly.

I've tested the BD cave 1 level with 3.1.2 and the fixed 3.2.0-7, and I get the same score again.

> Could Holger change it back to 10 seconds/steps in the next release?

No -- if you have a level where every step counts, you cannot score steps left in bundles of 10; else you would be forced to beat the so far best player by 10 steps to get a better score which is Really Bad.

But with the above fix all should be fine now again. :-)