yamyam kill player in doors

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

HerzAusGold

yamyam kill player in doors

Post by HerzAusGold »

May be 2 new errors (rnd3.1.1) (or features)
- if the player stand in the door the yamyam kill him (like in niko's tutorial)

- if you play and switch off music, sound and loops - they always go "on" if you restart a level - even i have switch of temporary in the menu
-only saving the settings help
And the answer is ... 42 !
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> - if the player stand in the door the yamyam kill him (like in niko's tutorial)

Hmm, yes, that's true. Not really sure if it's a bug or a feature (this doesn't happen in original EM, so it can't be taken as a reference).

But as the normal door does not protect the player, it seems natural to me that contact (collision in this case) with enemies causes the player's death (even if the yam yam would stop at the door field anyway -- in this case the yam yam would collide with both the door *and* the player).

BTW: The player also dies when over a door and smashed by a rock falling down in him (and the door). It's the same situation. I think the player should only survive both of these two cases if the background field has the "protective" feature (as it can be set for walkable CEs).

> - if you play and switch off music, sound and loops - they always go "on"
> if you restart a level - even i have switch of temporary in the menu
> -only saving the settings help

*argh*

I thought this bug was already fixed... Apparently not... :-o

I have to review this again and fix it...

(BTW: For the next bug reports, please make individual forum topics for different bugs, so they can be discussed independently and easily found by the name of the topic... :-) )