Walkable over element changes

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Tomi

Walkable over element changes

Post by Tomi »

When player stands on an element, and the element changes to other element, the player gets killed. That's OK, but it's not OK when the element it changes to is walkable over too.

Example: I have elements A and B thare walkable over (unprotected) from all directions. A changes to yellow player after one second (so player gets teleported on it) and changes to B after two seconds. That kills the player.

I have a situation where the element can't be walkable over (protected).
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

Oh... after some tests I've realised I've described the situation incorrectly. The bug is:
I've created a custom element A with these settings:
- walkable over (unprotected) from all directions
- element changes to [yellow player] after delay 10 frames
Then I've created a small (15x15) level with yellow player in top left corner and the custom element in bottom left corner. The player explodes after the teleportation. (Tested under 3.1.0)

*** EDIT ***
After some more investigation I've realised what's the problem.
First I've found out that the teleportation doesn't work with delay condition, but works with any other condition. The problem is that the condition evaluates every frame (with 10-frames delay), so the player is overwrited immediately when he gets teleported. The solution could be that when the player is going to be rewrited by himself, he isn't killed.