Customising keys when a controller is plugged in

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

jm28121977

Customising keys when a controller is plugged in

Post by jm28121977 »

Hi Holger

I hope you and the fam are well.

I've noticed that, if I have a PS4 controller plugged in and I'm customising the keys, it can take up to 30 seconds to register when I choose each key. If I unplug the controller it's immediate. Windows 10.

Best wishes
Jamie x
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Customising keys when a controller is plugged in

Post by Holger »

Very strange! I have no idea what's going on there! :shock:

Unfortunately, I do not have a PS4 controller to test this by myself... but I have an Xbox controller, which might have the same problem! I'll check if I am able to reproduce such behaviour with that controller on my WIndows 10 VM, somehow.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Sorry, it seems that I just forgot about this issue (which I promised to check out, but probably wouldn't have been able to do it anyway, as I only have that Windows 10 VM that always behaves a bit different when compared to a "real" Windows box).

But with that very similar bug report from RAP (which was only about game controllers, but not in combination with configuring the keyboard), I did quite some tests this evening, and was finally able to reproduce that problem on my Linux box with an Xbox controller connected.

In fact, these were two separate bugs (in both configuration functions, for keyboards and game controllers), but with very similar problems and bugs. (It was quite a nasty bug that was not too easy to spot.)

All works as it should now, and the problem will be fixed in the next release version.

Thanks for reporting this bug, Jamie, and thanks for your patience!
jm28121977

Post by jm28121977 »

No problem. Glad to hear it's fixed - looking forward to the next release. Thanks, Holger.