CE-Touching

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Darkon

CE-Touching

Post by Darkon »

if a CE is set to... lets say... explode when touching something and its spawned against something already, it refuses to explode

and would it be possible to add a *cannot move* option so you can set *cannot move* *left* e.t.c. ?
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> if a CE is set to... lets say... explode when touching something and its spawned against
> something already, it refuses to explode

That's right -- that's a known limitation of the current engine. The same is true when the CE touched something right from the level start.

> and would it be possible to add a *cannot move* option so you can set *cannot move* *left*
> e.t.c. ?

Please don't mix bug reports and feature requests in one and the same post. ;-)
Zomis

Re: CE-Touching

Post by Zomis »

Darkon wrote:and would it be possible to add a *cannot move* option so you can set *cannot move* *left* e.t.c. ?
I believe the "Blocked at" option will have this effect, this option doesn't work yet though, but I think it will work later.
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

yeah and i was the one who suggested that in the 1st place :-p however since i didnt see it in the most recent version, i figured it had been removed and forgotten

ah so the problem of objects spawning against something on startup cant be fixed yet? hm ok, guess ill think of a way round it
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> I believe the "Blocked at" option will have this effect, this option doesn't work yet though,
> but I think it will work later.

I forgot to remove this option from the final 3.1.0... Shame on me.

And no, this "blocked" option (when it will be implemented) will do something different: Trigger a CE change when a CE wants to move, but can't because of being blocked.

About the "cannot move" suggestion: I can currently not see for what it might be good, so an explanation might be good.

> ah so the problem of objects spawning against something on startup cant be fixed yet?

Of course it would be possible to fix this now. Unfortunately, there are too many other things on the TODO list which seem to be more important.
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

well cannot move is the same thing as blocked ;-)

i just described it differently
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> well cannot move is the same thing as blocked

Ah, OK, then I understand. (I thought you meant this as a move option, or better said, non-move option, not as a CE change condition.)

But "blocked" will be a valid trigger for *every* direction, not only certain directions, when it's done. (I mean, I don't plan to break this down to single directions.)
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Holger wrote:But "blocked" will be a valid trigger for *every* direction, not only certain directions, when it's done. (I mean, I don't plan to break this down to single directions.)
So you mean that there will be no way to check for example "CE is blocked at left side", either way the CE is totally blocked, or it isn't?
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> So you mean that there will be no way to check for example "CE is blocked at left side", either
> way the CE is totally blocked, or it isn't?

Hmm, when I think about it, it should be possible to combine this change action with the usual direction checks, so it should indeed work this way...