Incorrect default artworks in EMC

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

mat

Incorrect default artworks in EMC

Post by mat »

It seems that some EMC sets use incorrect graphics artworks. For example:
- Tutorial 1 - in level 0, it's written "Green diamonds" though the diamonds are yellow.
- Emerald Mine Final - https://youtu.be/VrC8_AEpJwM (I suppose it's just a remake - I don't know...)
mat

Re: Incorrect default artworks in EMC

Post by mat »

- Tutorial 3 - in level 1, blue diamonds are called purple diamonds
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

I've checked all three levels / level sets, and I can confirm your observations.

The problem here is that many EMC disks were released and re-released with different graphics (probably depending on the version of the EMC editor used to create or modify the EMC disk), so there are indeed different versions with different graphics for quite a number of EMC disks.

For example, the levels referring to "green diamonds" most probably are older levels that originally used the classic Emerald Mine graphics where the "emerald" element had green graphics (which seems to make sense ;-) ). Later versions of the player program used different graphics where emeralds were yellow.

No idea about "purple diamonds" though... as far as I can tell (or remember), I have never seen such graphics.

Regarding "Emerald Mine Final", it also seems that I have an earlier version of this disk with different artwork.

Conclusion: It is sometimes quite difficult to decide which artwork is the "correct" or "incorrect" one for a given EMC disk... :?
mat

Post by mat »

Oh, I see. It's not your mistake but an authors' invention.

I can continue to play RND easy :) Thanks for reply.