Disabling "Block snapped field when snapping" disables also animation of collecting gems

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

mat

Disabling "Block snapped field when snapping" disables also animation of collecting gems

Post by mat »

It doesn't matter if the gems are falling or just lying. The bug occurs in the default theme, but not in EMC (tested in Emerald Mine (Kingsoft) levelgroup).
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Disabling "Block snapped field when snapping" disables also animation of collecting gems

Post by Holger »

This is not a bug, but intended behaviour. (In fact, this option was added a long time ago to change the default behaviour when snapping without breaking existing levels; this option should usually be enabled.)

When enabled (default), the field that is snapped is treated as "not empty" as long as the "snapping process" is not finished yet (therefore being able to show a collecting animation in that field).

When disabled, the field that is snapped is instantly set to empty, allowing for objects directly above (like another gem) to instantly start falling down. Therefore, no collecting animation can be shown in this field (as it already contains the lower part of the object falling from above). This behaviour differs from the behaviour of other games (like Supaplex and Emerald Mine) and was changed accordingly to behave more similar to those other games.

When playing EMC level sets, these levels use the native Emerald Mine game engine, for which most player options do not have any effect (although being displayed on the "properties" page nevertheless, which could be seen as a bug). The behaviour of the EMC game engine is the same as the (corrected) default behaviour of the R'n'D game engine, and will behave that way regardless of this option being enabled or disabled.
mat

Re: Disabling "Block snapped field when snapping" disables also animation of collecting gems

Post by mat »

Oh, now I understand how it works! Thanks for explanation! :)