No custom door graphic disply when you collect lens

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

SLAPPYHAPPY2000

No custom door graphic disply when you collect lens

Post by SLAPPYHAPPY2000 »

I don't know if you qualify this as a bug, but if you use custom graphics for EM doors, place down the gray variant, and then collect a lens, the custom graphic for the door won't display for the lens, but the original graphic will.
It's weird.
Holger
Site Admin

Re: No custom door graphic disply when you collect lens

Post by Holger »

Use the "magnifier" element, not the "lenses" element to make "gray doors" visible for the specified time. (The "lenses" is used for invisible wall, not for doors/gates.)

Just quickly checked this by redefining graphics for a gray door (redefined visible, invisible and editor graphics), and it works as expected when picking up a magnifier.
SLAPPYHAPPY2000

Post by SLAPPYHAPPY2000 »

I just checked with the magnifier, and... nope. Even when I redefine the gray door and the normal door graphics, when I collect a magnifier, it still reverts to the original door graphic. I even checked in BD2K3 to see if the custom graphics of the door would revert to the default, and it does. Go to BD2K3, place down a gray EM door, and a magnifier, and then test the level.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Yes, because BD2K3 does not support the "magnifier" element (and also has no custom graphics for it).

But now I know what's missing: You did not redefine "em_gate_1_gray.active"!

This is because the game element "em_gate_1_gray" itself does not change to "em_gate_1" when collecting the magnifier, but rather gets visible, which is the "active" state here.

Just add a custom graphics definition for "em_gate_1_gray.active" and you're done! :-)