MP3s are not co-operating.

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

SLAPPYHAPPY2000

MP3s are not co-operating.

Post by SLAPPYHAPPY2000 »

When I try to put in an MP3 file as a custom song for a stage, it often degrades in terms of loudness and sound quality. You can barely hear the music most of the time, and it always sounds muffled. Please fix this so all MP3s sound nice and crisp.
(There was also an instance where the MP3 slowed down to a huge degree, like there was a filter on it. Plz fix...)
Holger
Site Admin

Re: MP3s are not co-operating.

Post by Holger »

To be able to do anything about the problem you encountered, I need more information:

- What platform are you running the game on?
- Does this problem only occur with that specific MP3 file, or does it also occur with other MP3 files?

Then, if you could send me that MP3 file, I could also check for myself. (Please do not attach it here, but send it by mail, or send me a download link.)
SLAPPYHAPPY2000

Holger wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:39 am To be able to do anything about the problem you encountered, I need more information:

- Does this problem only occur with that specific MP3 file, or does it also occur with other MP3 files?

Then, if you could send me that MP3 file, I could also check for myself. (Please do not attach it here, but send it by mail, or send me a download link.)
Sending you all the answers and the MP3 file through gmail.
Thanks.
SLAPPYHAPPY2000

Holger wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:39 am To be able to do anything about the problem you encountered, I need more information:

For this time and all future times, I play on a Windows 10 PC. The problem occurred with all of the MP3s I tried using, except for the ones that were a bit too loud in the first place. For most of my MP3s, I get them from using a YouTube to MP3 converter, mainly this one:

ytmp3.cc

Unfortunately, the last MP3 I used that I sent to you especially can't be attached to this forum... it doesn't accept individual MP3 files! Any MP3 from ytmp3.cc will probably do, though.

Sometimes, I get my MP3s from this site:

https://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks

Downloading any MP3 from that site will do, so I'll leave that up to you.

I also tried converting the MP3s to WAVs to see if there would be any difference at all (there was no difference and now I am sad D:).

Music from other levelsets like BD2K3 and Snake Bite (and the classic music) are fine, but it's my music where the game likes to make it bad...

Thanks!