Multiplayer tape playback bug with artwork resolution changes

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

BryanFRitt

Multiplayer tape playback bug with artwork resolution changes

Post by BryanFRitt »

If players try to get too far separated there is something that prevents the users from going off screen and becoming too separated from each other. If a game is played using a higher resolution artwork, then played back on a lower resolution artwork, the separation rule is played back at the lower resolution distance not at the higher resolution distance, so the tape playback at lower resolution artwork when players get separated is messed up.
[EDIT] I suppose this could happen when going from lower to higher resolution artwork too.[/EDIT]
e.g.
main menu > SETUP > CUSTOM ARTWORK > CUSTOM GRAPHICS
Say initially played with WIDESCREEN MODE [1920x1080] (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2221),
and players at some point get more separated than the CLASSIC GRAPHICS would permit,
then the tape gets played back on CLASSIC GRAPHICS,
the playback moves will be messed up where a user tries to go further away from the other than the current CLASSIC GRAPHICS artwork permits
Life is partially trying to strike a balance between generating new things/ideas, and making sure they are good/organized. These extremes can be said to between gibberish mess and nothing said/done.
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Multiplayer tape playback bug with artwork resolution changes

Post by Holger »

Oops...! :shock:

I haven't tried to reproduce this so far, but I think you're right (and also that it probably happens in "both directions")!

I will further investigate and fix this! :o