Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

[4.1.4.0] Mirror Magic engine artifacts

Post by Eizzoux »

d1.png
d1.png (103.75 KiB) Viewed 2900 times
d6.png
d6.png (25.48 KiB) Viewed 2900 times
I don't quite remember seeing these types of artifacts before, so they probably appeared in the new update. The point is that rotating polarizers got ultra broken in the new update, specifically when you put them right in front of a mirror (rotatable, rotating, frozen, prism or refractor) or teleporter/fibre optic and aim the ray to a rotating polarizer, the laser ray doubles or just ignores the mirror and goes right through it for some reason...
d2.png
d2.png (15.21 KiB) Viewed 2900 times
d3.png
d3.png (3.82 KiB) Viewed 2900 times
And not just that, on teleporting elements ray doesn't even teleport really - it cuts off in the exit, leaving only a little dot and goes further from the entrance. (not for teleporters since they're the one-way only teleporters, there's no more way to come out through)
d4.png
d4.png (11.56 KiB) Viewed 2900 times
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Re: [4.1.4.0] Mirror Magic engine artifacts

Post by Holger »

rotating polarizers got ultra broken in the new update
Alas... but this buggy behavior wasn't introduced in 4.1.4.0, but dates back to the first Linux-only version of Mirror Magic. This just did not show up directly because those configurations shown above do not exist in the original levels of the game. :-o

I'm afraid I have to dig into that ugly, old code one day (it's from around 1988) and fix those bugs... :-/