Beams in Mirror Magic can visibly leave the level border

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

ncrecc

Beams in Mirror Magic can visibly leave the level border

Post by ncrecc »

Pac-Men can not go "outside" of the level, but beams can. This is more or less a graphical bug, since beams outside of the level border can't really do anything.
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Beams in Mirror Magic can visibly leave the level border

Post by Holger »

Yes, this is somewhat intended behaviour, as I did not want to cut the beam in mid-air... :D

But yes, it looks a bit strange if the beam can leave the playfield, but the pac men can't.

An alternative would be to add some sort of border around the playfield (made from bricks or by using a grey border like in the level editor) and stop the beam when it reaches the border... But I think I prefer the current behaviour for now.
ncrecc

Post by ncrecc »

Holger wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:07 pm An alternative would be to add some sort of border around the playfield (made from bricks or by using a grey border like in the level editor) and stop the beam when it reaches the border... But I think I prefer the current behaviour for now.
Personally, I would prefer some type of thin border that marks the edge of the playfield, even if the ability for beams to extend past the playfield is kept. It might look odd how pacmen are stopped by an invisible border that does not stop beams.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

It might look odd how pacmen are stopped by an invisible border that does not stop beams
Hmm, you might be right...

I think I will play around with a thin border line like the one I used in the level editor. Could even be configurable in the setup menu (as there are already border design related options for the Supaplex game engine, too).