Snapping an envelope and releasing the snap key while the envelope is displayed causes snap not to be released properly

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

ncrecc

Snapping an envelope and releasing the snap key while the envelope is displayed causes snap not to be released properly

Post by ncrecc »

I suppose it's just not logging snap key releases at all while an envelope is open.
Interestingly enough, it seems that if you use a TAS snap keys to collect the envelope, you have to press any TAS snap key again to get unstuck, and vice-versa for snapping with the "snap field" button.
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Snapping an envelope and releasing the snap key while the envelope is displayed causes snap not to be released prope

Post by Holger »

Ouch, that's a nasty one! Never noticed this! :-o
I suppose it's just not logging snap key releases at all while an envelope is open.
Yes, exactly (because it's a different event loop for envelopes).
Interestingly enough, it seems that if you use a TAS snap keys to collect the envelope, you have to press any TAS snap key again to get unstuck, and vice-versa for snapping with the "snap field" button.
Yes, because pressed TAS snap keys are handled differently (especially regarding "pressed" state, due to that other (slightly related) bug in another recent thread.

I'll have to fix this...
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Snapping an envelope and releasing the snap key while the envelope is displayed causes snap not to be released prope

Post by Holger »

Just found the cause for this bug (introduced two weeks ago when fixing that snap key bug).

I forgot some clearing of key state flags during envelope event loop -- fixed!

Thanks for reporting this bug!