dump problem; level images?

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

filbo

dump problem; level images?

Post by filbo »

1. Does '--command dump' work only on R'n'D files? I would expect it to do the same internal format translation as when (successfully!) playing such a level:

$ rocksndiamonds -e 'dump level /usr/share/games/rocksndiamonds/levels/Emerald Mine Club/emc_emerald_dash_03/21s'
rocksndiamonds: warning: unknown format of level file '/usr/share/games/rocksndiamonds/levels/Emerald Mine Club/emc_emerald_dash_03/21s'
rocksndiamonds: warning: cannot dump -- no valid level file found

2. Is there a command line to dump a picture of a level from its level file? I didn't find one, but sometimes there are hidden options. Something like:

$ rocksndiamonds -e 'dump level-image /usr/share/games/rocksndiamonds/levels/Emerald Mine Club/emc_emerald_dash_03/21s'

By 'picture' I mean an image file (probably .png) of what the entire level would look like, rendered at the same cell resolution as normal play (thus, I think, subject to whatever options I have in setup.conf); without a scrolling window.

Additional flags to specify things like: artwork to use; cell size to use; 'AGA' vs 'ECS'; whatever else affects the output -- would be nice. (Actually, instead of a complicated mess of flags for this, a single '--setup this_here_setup.conf' flag would completely solve this, and probably also have plenty of uses elsewhere...)