Dripper revealing problem + Visible Invisible Sand connection issue

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

Dripper revealing problem + Visible Invisible Sand connection issue

Post by Eizzoux »

There're two visual issues happening with some invisible elements while they're revealed:
  1. Dripper is like an invisible amoeba which can be revealed by picking up the vision lenses or turning on the light switch. The problem is when you reveal the dripper and then wait until it drops few more drops, you can only see the dripping sprite turning into the invisible drippers, even if all other drippers are revealed already. Funny, because all other invisible elements (Inv. sand, wall and steel wall) being newborn are actually updating and automatically revealing themselves.
    asdil1.png
    asdil1.png (483.86 KiB) Viewed 10075 times
    asdil2.png
    asdil2.png (520.03 KiB) Viewed 10075 times
  2. Here I did this: after I kill Yam-yam, he leaves 3 Inv. sand tiles, 3 Inv. walls and 3 Inv. steel walls. After I kill Yam-yam, newborn revealed Invisible sand connects to the other crumbling elements, but the older ones doesn't update. In fact, they don't even connect to each other. I'm guessing that's because of instant activation of them, like... It's so instant, all surrounding crumbling objects are still counting the newborn inv. sand tiles as not revealed yet, so all that becomes looking totally screwed up.
    sdfnd.png
    sdfnd.png (281.44 KiB) Viewed 10075 times
𒈟
Eizzoux

Dripper revealing problem

Post by Eizzoux »

Can confirm that the dripper one here is still happening. Because the game does not update dripper to it's active state after activating lightswitch or collecting lenses unlike other invisible elements, the newly created dripper elements are still invisible.
𒈟
Eizzoux

Visible Invisible Sand connection issue

Post by Eizzoux »

Actually, coming back to this topic yet again, and, to be specific, to another half of it I have ignored while checking the dripper one, the active invisible sand, as it turns out, still has some odd behaviors.
  1. When new invisible sand is created 'while' the lightswitch is ON, it's connection becomes kind of messy, which I think we discussed with Holger a while ago while he was still struggling to make crumbling behave better on change.
  2. This one is quite odd as well: if you put an active lightswitch, all invisible walls will be visible as they're intended to, but the invisible sand will be only 'partly' visible. You can see and compare the layout in the screenshots. From what I understand, the patches of invisible sand that are adjacent to normal sand or any other crumbling elements other than invisible sand itself are for some reason not revealed with the insta-active lightswitch and are just completely invisible (you can see on the second screenshot how these invisible sand borders around yam-yams are invisible in the game), while the other invisible sand patches that are not connecting to anything except each other are being revealed as intended and have no connection problem what-so-ever (you can see the three lines of invisible elements on the bottom surrounded by the empty space border).

well1.png
well1.png (381.53 KiB) Viewed 3619 times
well2.png
well2.png (378.04 KiB) Viewed 3619 times

Oh yeah, and dripper isn't insta-revealed as the level starts with an active lightswitch as well. That's unfortunate.

And speaking of dripper, there's one more thing that I don't think is right about it. When the dripper is revealed, it doesn't actually spread unlike how it does that invisibly.

𒈟
ncrecc

Re: Dripper revealing problem + Visible Invisible Sand connection issue

Post by ncrecc »

When the dripper is revealed, it doesn't actually spread unlike how it does that invisibly.
this may be related to the issues presented in level 004 of my tutorial levelset "ncrtorial", where drippers don't produce amoeba drips at all while the light switch/lenses are on, but can produce amoeba directly below themselves in midair (unlike normal dripping amoeba) when light switch/lenses are off