Mirrormagic window title is "Rocks'n'Diamonds"

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

zezinho

Mirrormagic window title is "Rocks'n'Diamonds"

Post by zezinho »

I am packaging both rocksndiamonds and mirrormagic for the linux distro Mageia.

With the version 3.0.0 of mirrormagic, the X11 window title is Rocks'n Diamonds 4.1.0.0... this is confusing!
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Mirrormagic window title is rokcsndiamonds

Post by Holger »

Hello zezinho, welcome to the forum! :)
I am packaging both rocksndiamonds and mirrormagic for the linux distro Mageia.
Great to hear! I'll be happy to try to help with any problem that may arise during the packaging process!
With the version 3.0.0 of mirrormagic, the X11 window title is Rocks'n Diamonds 4.1.0.0... this is confusing!
Indeed this would be confusing, and it should definitely not happen. Could you please try running the executable that is shipped with the package file "mirrormagic-3.0.0.tar.gz" (by starting it from within the extracted package directory)? It should run on any post-2010 Linux system, without any additional packages required to be installed (not even the SDL files, which are also included as dynamic libaries in the package). If it runs for you, it should show "Mirror Magic 3.0.0" as the X11 window title.

(a) If it does, we have to check why it does not work right with your packages version.

(b) If it does not, we apparently have a more tricky problem within R'n'D itself, which I would then have to debug.

Besides this, it is important to know that Rocks'n'Diamonds 4.x and Mirror Magic 3.x use the exact same binary, with the latter being customized to behave as Mirror Magic using the file "conf/setup.conf" in the game package, which contains configuration settings to change the program name and version number.

(Update: I've adjusted the name of this thread a little bit to make it more clear what the problem is.)