Emerald Mine engine can't support few chars

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

Emerald Mine engine can't support few chars

Post by Eizzoux »

New element groups sorting system for different game engines has a little issue: some of Chars are not supported, but they're still visible for that engine. Yeah, I know, Emerald Mine didn't have space, or dollar, or @, or umlauts, but that can get pretty confusing for some people that wants to make EM levels with some texts, then sees many chars to use, but can't use half of them. Not really the reason, but I think you get the point. That's just confusing when new update disables unneccessary element groups for different game engines, but still keeps some unsupported elements in palette.
alsdk2.png
alsdk2.png (280.09 KiB) Viewed 3555 times
alsdk.png
alsdk.png (271.37 KiB) Viewed 3555 times
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Emerald Mine engine can't support few chars

Post by Holger »

Good point! :shock:

I think I should either just add support for these remaining character elements to the EM engine, or hide them from the editor palette when using this game engine.
Eizzoux

There's couple more problems of chars

Post by Eizzoux »

I'm also questioning couple other little things:
1. Last three chars doesn't have their real token in their info, just (steel_)char_unused instead of 'up', 'down' and 'button'. I don't think that's intentional,
ks.png
ks.png (123.63 KiB) Viewed 3544 times
2. 'steel_char_space' doesn't support EDITOR icon for some reason, even if it's in 'conf_chr.c' and if I try to implement it myself. It just doesn't work.
jdsdi.png
jdsdi.png (499.74 KiB) Viewed 3544 times
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Emerald Mine engine can't support few chars

Post by Holger »

1. Last three chars doesn't have their real token in their info, just (steel_)char_unused instead of 'up', 'down' and 'button'. I don't think that's intentional,
You're right, it isn't. Fixed now!
2. 'steel_char_space' doesn't support EDITOR icon for some reason, even if it's in 'conf_chr.c' and if I try to implement it myself. It just doesn't work.
Same here -- this was just missing due to a bug. Fixed now, too!

Thank you for pointing out these two issues! :-)