AmoebeAbleger(): This should never happen!

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

filbo

Re: AmoebeAbleger(): This should never happen!

Post by filbo »

>> So, it seems that I have a total of 13776 tapes in my collection, of which 12112 are 'solved' by 4.0.1.1, and
>> 12031 by 4.0.1.3; the remainder are not solved. About 1200 of the not-solved levels are in directories with
>> 'emc' in their names. I suspect a large fraction of these might be susceptible to such a fix.

> If 12112 levels are solved by 4.0.1.1, and 12031 levels are solved by 4.0.1.3, this means that 81 levels are
> affected by a change between version 4.0.1.1 and 4.0.1.3, most probably being the long/int bugfix in version 4.0.1.2.

Hmmm, no, I don't remember how I deduced (and am at work away from the data files), but it was my impression
that ~1000 of those files were going to be affected by the amoeba difference.

Also the numbers 12112 & 12031 are slightly suspect in themselves. I had compared the number of 'solved.' and
'NOT SOLVED' outputs in each individual directory, and only two directories differed, by a total of only ?20? or so
entries. Yet when I did `cat */autotest-4.0.1.1.txt | grep -c 'solved\.'`, compared to 4.0.1.3, the total numbers were
off by a larger amount. So I'm sure there was some stupid mix-up on my part. I'll get back to this tonight.

Um. I can simply send you a tarball of *all* the tapes which do not solve on current 4.0.1.3 :)
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Um. I can simply send you a tarball of *all* the tapes which do not solve on current 4.0.1.3 :)
Yeah, that would be great! Then I could do some tests by myself... :)
filbo

Post by filbo »

I made a tarball of all the tapes (solved & not-solved). It's ~8MB compressed.

Would like to upload it to you *not* for public view -- not until we've spent a little effort on un-breaking old broken tapes. Is there a way I can do that through this forum thingy?
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

I made a tarball of all the tapes (solved & not-solved). It's ~8MB compressed.
That's cool -- as far as I can see, forum PMs do not support attachments (?), so I would suggest to just send it by good old mail! :)
filbo

Post by filbo »

Arranging transport by some other method.

Meanwhile, I discovered that somehow one of the output files (the set of results for one particular levelset under one particular RnD version) was corrupted, with a block of 1849 NUL bytes at the beginning, which accounted for a substantial part of the overall result difference between 4.0.1.1 and 4.0.1.3. Re-ran that one...

In fact, I'm currently re-running the entire test since I'd been running it partially with different changes in the test script (writing to output files of predictable names, and skipping ones that already existed), so the results may have been somewhat mixed or corrupted. Now will be 100% pristine (especially when I post-check them for runs of NUL bytes...)