doors and speedup pill quirks

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

dave

doors and speedup pill quirks

Post by dave »

a couple of things to do with doors and the speedup pills. dont know if it's bugs or tricks.

if you run right and collect the speed pill, you can run into the back of the tank but you dont die.

if you go down and collect the red key, then run right through the doors, you can out-run the tank going right, but sometimes you die and sometimes not. this is even more apparent when you collect the speed pill and run back and forth through the doors. note that in emerald mine you always die trying to out-run the tank by running through doors (going in the same direction as the tank).

after playing around a bit, i also found that you could stop on a door if the tank went down between the doors at the right time. once you are on the door the tank doesnt kill you at all. it is impossible to stop on a door in emerald mine. [edit: oh it's a known bug oops]
Sascha

Post by Sascha »

> if you run right and collect the speed pill, you can run into the back of the > tank but you dont die.

That's very similar to this case (just with robots).
If you run into an enemy from behind when it's moving in the same direction as you, you cannot hit it because it blocks the field you wanna enter the moment it passes from one field to the next (I think it was this reason).

> if you go down and collect the red key, then run right through the doors, >you can out-run the tank going right, but sometimes you die and sometimes > not.

This is the same thing, I think, it depends on when exactly you are out of the doors. If then the spaceship is exactly above you, you'll be killed.