Buggy EMC graphics

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Rockford4ever

Buggy EMC graphics

Post by Rockford4ever »

I downloaded the EMC levels package from Martijn's site, and even though all the graphics are included, their movement looks very buggy. This gets fixed, however, when I use the Rocks 'n' Diamonds engine. I'm using 3.2.4-3.

Here's a screenshot:

Maybe I should retry using the 7zip file on artsoft.org?
Current project:
Nope.
RTADash

Re: Buggy EMC graphics

Post by RTADash »

Rockford4ever wrote:Maybe I should retry using the 7zip file on artsoft.org?
It was introduced in 3.2.4 - I had this same problem: viewtopic.php?t=1509

Holger is pretty busy right now, but I'm sure he will get to it when he has more time.
Those who can't learn will teach; those who can't teach will learn.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Yep, that's right -- fixing this problem will be one of the very next things I will do (maybe requiring both a new R'n'D version and a new EMC level collection package).
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

OK, I also fixed this bug today -- will be in the next stable R'n'D release (together with some more nasty bugs fixed).

Due to changes in the EMC graphics engine (to be able to use more flexible animations with more than eight animation frames also with the EMC game engine), an update of the EMC level collection will still be needed, but at least this too obvious problem will be already be fixed with the next R'n'D version (before the EMC collection will be updated).
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

This should be fixed in the next stable release, but also in the current pre-release:

http://www.artsoft.org/RELEASES/win32/r ... 080122.zip

(You also need the other pre-releases between the current stable release and this last pre-release. If you don't know how to get it to work, just wait for the next "official", stable release, which won't need special tweaking.)