[Fixed] CE value editing not considered changing level...

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Yoshi348

[Fixed] CE value editing not considered changing level...

Post by Yoshi348 »

...for the purposes of unsaved changes warnings. In other words, if you change only CE values, then click exit, the game will discard your changes without giving you the usual warning thing. Very bad, now that CEs require so much work. (This also applies to any other info-screen editing, but nobody would really care until now.)

On a related note, it would also be handy to have info-screen editing be added to the things you're able to undo, especially with the semi-confusing "Copy settings from/to element" tool.
richard

Post by richard »

Holger would kill me... Umg... yes, ämm... I knew that bug too lol, but I had much to work ! :o)

Yes, there could be 2 undos, 1 undo store for the playfield objects and 1 undo store for the non-playfield stuff. And only 1 undo would be very bad for me and all other level makers (probably) !
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Yeah, right. That's nasty, and I wanted to fix at least the first aspect of the problem long ago. :-(

I'll see that I get this bug fixed for the next version.

Maybe I'll also add the value changes to the undo buffer, but I can't promise it. :-/

BTW: What do others think? Is an "undo" for the CE values really needed? (When I think about other software, I have the feeling that such value, checkbox or selectbox changes won't be covered by the "undo" function, but I might be wrong...)
richard

Post by richard »

Well, what can you make that wrong by the numbers ? But I had very often the problem that I clicked with the copy CE on the wrong complicate CE... and yes... much more than nasty. :x
I think it should undo the CE copy and pastes, you know, where you can copy the whole CE.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

I have implemented the first aspect now. (Changing values marks a level as "changed" now.)