Change by page of and Set CE value

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Zomis

Change by page of and Set CE value

Post by Zomis »

http://www.zomis.net/rnd/download.php?id=602

Why isn't the CE value set to 40 for both the CEs?
Using "Set CE value = [CE score]Trigger" instead of [CE value]Trigger works as expected - both ce values is set to 30.
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

I experienced something like that (but I'm not sure if it's the same) when a CE changes its value and changes to itself, and that triggers another CE which changes to (or sets its value to, etc) the value of the first CE. The result is that the second CE uses old CE value.
Idea: maybe using "CE value changes of" (or something like that) instead of "change by page of" would make it work?
(I didn't play the example level before writing this, so it may be completely irrelevant.)
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Well.. what you said isn't completely irrelevant. These CE values are hard to get a grip of (and I already thought I knew how they worked...*sigh*)

I don't think I'd have any use for "CE value changes of" in this case.
All I want is that when a CE changes to another element and you use the CE action "set ce value = ce value" the old ce value should be kept. Apparently, that action is always done after the change so then the new ce value is set to the same as the new ce value.
Maybe an "old ce value"/"ce value before change" option could be used for this occasion?
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

A similar thing happens when using the "Player collects" condition,
when player collects an element, the element is deleted and the ce value set to zero. Which means that if you have a CE do "set ce value = [CE value]trigger" when player collects <element>, the ce value is always set to zero.