Beep when Tape Done Loading

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Daniel H.

Beep when Tape Done Loading

Post by Daniel H. »

I think that it would be nice if the game had an option that would allow the game to make a beep or some other sound when a tape has finished loading.

This way, when you are loading a tape, you can switch (for example) to the R&D Forums and post a new topic about beeps and tape loading. Then, when you hear the beep, you switch out of the forum and
bojster

Post by bojster »

Sounds like a good idea! Personally I very rarely use the speakers and almost never for games, but very often when I was playing RnD I switched to some other window when the tape was being loaded and forgot about RnD for the next few hours... good thing there's a pause after the tape is loaded... so I can imagine that for those who use sound it could be very, very useful. At least until the game-state-snapshots are implemented. ;-)
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Sounds like a very good idea that should be easy to implement! :-)
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Holger wrote:Sounds like a very good idea that should be easy to implement! :-)
But could you make it with an option to turn it off and on (besides the general sound switch option). I can imagine that it could be irritating (not sure though).
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Would be easily possible, but I think it won't be irritating if we only use it for the "quick load tape" and "stop before death" modes! :)