Better objects for DC2 section

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

m&m

Better objects for DC2 section

Post by m&m »

a) I've got an idea how to improved objects DC2. The first object is conveyor belt. I think you didn't have to add such objects as conveyor belt (left and right). The better idea is to place in 'config' tab for switch (middle) following options (like DC3):

none (next: left) - default option
left
none (next: right)
right

for conveyor belt i suggest adding an option: conveyor belt speed (values: very slow, slow, normal etc.)

b) now something about time gate (open).What is this object for when the door close at startup? When time gate (close) open for specific time so i suggest that time gate (open) should shut for some time. i also think you should add an option: active on startup (default: unchecked)

c) land mine should be repaired. like DC it should destroy itself after pressing the key (snap). you can also add an option: can snap it (default: checked).

d) light switch - here i suggest adding these options:

active on startup - i suggest to remove the object light switch off (or on) and replace it by this option (default: unchecked)
show secret gates color - like DC3 (default: unchecked)
enable on/off mode - if: light switch is on, you will be able to turn it off, if a player touches it. else: reset light switch time, if a player touches it (default: checked)

e) steel exit

i also suggest adding objects: steel exit and steel exit (open). and something else to exit (normal): i'd like them to have the same graphics as in DC2 or DC3.
Daniel H.

Re: Better objects for DC2 section

Post by Daniel H. »

Welcome to the Rocks 'n' Diamonds Forum!

Overall, those sound like good ideas! :)
Here are some comments:
m&m wrote:I think you didn't have to add such objects as conveyor belt (left and right).
Well, if those objects weren't there, then we couldn't use their graphics for custom elements without modifying graphicsinfo.conf. :|

Still...it would be nice to have the option to start the level in the none (next: right) position.
BTW - Could we have a (Switch Gate Switch - Down) element in the level editor? That way, we could use the graphic for CEs.
Also, on some of my levels, I think that it actually looks better to have the Switch start in the down position, so I have a rock land on a switch to flip it.

m&m wrote:e) steel exit

i also suggest adding objects: steel exit and steel exit (open). and something else to exit (normal): i'd like them to have the same graphics as in DC2 or DC3.
In general, I would really like it if we had an indestructible exit! I don't like the destructible ones all the time.
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

In the meantime, until an indestructible exit will be added, it should be possible in 3.2.0 to make a walkable indestructible CE that finishes the level when you enter it.
m&m

Post by m&m »

OK :)

Sorry for the mistake: I meant to remove switches for conveyor belts (left and right), not conveyor belts (left and right).

A few hours after writing this topic i began to wonder why i didn't write this option: enable on/off mode to be available also for: switch for time gate. Now i want it to be like that
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

m&m wrote:Now i want it to be like that
Me, too!
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.