Player explosion: use for all levels (in a set)

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Darkon

Player explosion: use for all levels (in a set)

Post by Darkon »

Something Ive found rather annoying, having to manually go through each of the levels I've made to change the custom explosion of the player for each of the players involved... which gets rather tedious since it meant I had to make a total of 120 changes...
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Yeah, this is something that would be useful for practically all settings in the level editor. Unfortunately, it's a bit tricky as most times only a subset of settings should be copied to all levels...

No idea how to solve this. :-|
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Hmm... when I need to change the same thing in many files, I usually make a Macro in UltraEdit to change it. However, since UltraEdit is very advanced, you need to know what you're doing. Since you'll only see the level file in hexadecimal.

I have one solution... a solution which could take months or years to implement... :roll: that solution is an utility.
If (or hopefully - WHEN) I start to work on RNDTool again, it shouldn't be sooooo hard to make some scripting for copying any setting to any level in a levelset. Or change all settings for specific levels to the same value. All that is needed is some programming, a good scripting component (which I already have :D) and some documentation so that RNDTool-users knows how to do...erhm...:)

Unless of course... Alan, is this something you've planned for ConfEdit? (I know you're planning ConfEdit BASIC, but I'm not sure if changing this setting for multiple levels would be possible with it). Let me know if it is, because then I probably won't put so much energy on RNDTool-scripting. And if you haven't planned it... then I need someone to push me so I can prioritize RNDTool to get some scripting up and running ;)