Feature freeze for final 3.2.0

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Holger
Site Admin

Feature freeze for final 3.2.0

Post by Holger »

As the final release of version 3.2.0 comes nearer, and as I have only very, very little free time for R'n'D these days, I will now concentrate on the stabilization of the current code base to be able to release version 3.2.0 as soon as possible. This also means that it is unlikely that any new features will be added to this version.

This does not mean that you should stop posting new ideas of course! Just keep in mind the above words when I don't immediately comment on them (or implement them ;-) ) -- although I really like discussing new features for R'n'D here in this forum, it takes a lot of time that is then missing for developing R'n'D.

About the current state of 3.2.0: Work on implementing the new EMC elements into the base R'n'D engine is nearly ready (the magic ball and the spring bumper are done, only the android has to be added, which is a bit tricky as it can move diagonal, which is something completely new for the R'n'D engine). I will probably skip things like two-player mode with the EMC engine and graphic engine enhancements for the EMC engine in 3.2.0 and add them later, else it might be unsure if I would be able to release 3.2.0 this year. ;-)

When 3.2.0 is finished and released, I will finally be able to also release that very large new EMC level collection package! :-)