Pullable / Chainable elements

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Francesco wrote:I think I'll better start putting things on the RnDFA. By the way, since my host does not allow me to link directly to the pics, can I UL some on the FA and then link to them in my posts?
The answer here is yes, but in a little tricky way. (I'll add easier functionality for this when I have the time - which I won't have in the next weeks). I'll tell you more about it in a pm.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> Even harder I would have found the idea that my levels could take place in
> the official contributions!

But yes! I think it shows some nice things and examples what can be done using CEs, without shocking people to much with sets like SnakeBite (which may be better for people with advanced CE knowledge to learn from). :-)

> Is it better that I update the existing archive or that I make a new one and
> post it in the "Levels" thread?

Just as you like best -- let me know when you think it's in its final state for the contributions!
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Well, I was beginning to update that levelset, when I remembered the words of Zomis about providing some graphics with the levelsets, so I started a new set, trying to realize the "train".

Due to the fact that Holger dislikes envelopes, this new levelset contains no envelopes at all :wink:
Just kidding: the truth is that I'd like to see if the CEs I made are intuitive enough.

For the same reason, I did not include the solution tapes :D

I posted it here: (10x to Zomis!)
http://www.zomis.net/rnd/download.php?id=398

It's pretty boring and little buggy at this state (I called it "Trucky Cargos *V 0.1*" because *this* is real *far* from being final!) but if Holger will help me, I promise that I'll spend all my effort in making a decent levelset from it.

At this time the levelset contains the following objects: the empty and filled cargos (replace magic boxes); the long-distance tractor (head section - replaces the magic skill); the single-step tractor (fork); the emerald depot; the cargo dumper; the reset terminal (bet you'll need it, one of these days :wink:) and, of course, an improved (trickyer) version of the magic trail. (If somebody doesn't know what I'm speaking about, please take a look to the "Magic CE-s" levelset that I posted earlier on this thread)

The thing I need in order to add different "wagons" (cargos) to the train (thus making it little more interesting), is the "passing values" option, as wished in another thread. I could go on using all those CEs and change pages (and I will, if I'll have to), but I think that an add-on of this kind would be useful and welcome - at least for me! :roll: :P.

I hope that you will let me know what you think about this levelset.
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco