Delete element

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Darkon

Delete element

Post by Darkon »

I only just realised this, but every now and again when Ive made a lot of elements, I occationally feel the need to remake that element from scratch... however because there currently isnt a way to just delete an element, you have to go through the different tabs to make sure everything is unticked.

All I am suggesting is, a simple bin icon to appear when you enter a custom elements settings which enables you to completely remove that element restoring it to the default *custom XX*.

Anyone else ever made a CE, remade it only to discover you accidentally left one of the boxes ticked?
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Yeah, I agree with you.
I have also felt like deleting some of the Custom elements I've first built and then thought "heh... I actually don't need this element...!". So I've _thought_ about making a CHUNK-manager in RNDTool but I've haven't done that yet, and probably never will. But a button in RND to totally delete a Custom element (also deleting the CUS4-chunk... or maybe it's CUS5-chunk now?) would be nice.
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

It's already possible - just select an empty CE and copy it to the CE you want to delete. (Doesn't remove the chunk though.)
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

And what if you have no empty CE's?

And as you said yourself, it doesnt delete the CE, it just replaces it.
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

A simple 'Clear' button would be much more useful and is probably quite easy to create for Holger. This button would be a much more professional solution for this problem than just copying an empty CE.
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Yep, Martijn is right -- it should not be too hard to add such a "delete" button to the CE configuration settings.