"Download new levels" in game menu?

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Alan

Post by Alan »

I don't think it's a good idea. Now RnD opens the last selected levelset, which is the only desirable behaviour when you're currently playing it. You wouldn't want to look for the levelset you've last played each time you run RnD, would you? :-P
Hehe, I've just made a "level manager" for Confedit that lets you select what game you want to play before launching Rnds (by tweaking the levelsetup.conf), handy if your last played game was a large one like Bd2k3 and you want to get into R&ds quickly..

You can zip and unzip levels, and even unzip/play/delete a level in one click!
HerzAusGold

zip support

Post by HerzAusGold »

Hmmpf, Is there anywhere a list who is working on which feature, tool.
I started to write a zip support for rnd, because it's on the todo list.
So I can stop this, with your tool it's not necessary.
Alan, can you say something about the release date.

Btw. if you want you can test it, with my new version of RndTest and the gameAtWork feature
> rndTest -gameatwork

Your tool seems that it is a good starter for it.
And the answer is ... 42 !
Alan

Post by Alan »

Hi, The level-manager might be a stand alone program... I had also made a level viewer which works from explorer (IE you click a .level file to see it, which is a time saver)

At the moment the LM treats game folders as on/off states... which is normal or zipped.
And now it can scan the game folder for tapes and inject them into "your docs" ready to play :-)

I'm in the middle of "de-muppetizing" confedit at the moment, basically I'm trying to break it! Plus I've got crap loads of documentation to write :-\

You should carry on with your zip support though. I'm using standard PKzip but with the extension .LEVZIP instead of .ZIP (as not to cause any conflicts with zips in game folders)
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

Talking about ConfEdit, what can it do with level contents? (You've already said that it supports viewing, but can it do even something else?)