Change Delay + other

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Darkon

Change Delay + other

Post by Darkon »

What im suggesting is the ability to set a delay for the change which works alongside the current element change setting, so for example if you have it set to change when you press it, the change will take effect after the delay you specified on the same page.

Currently it does both things as if they were separate change pages.
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

The best (and only) workaround for this is to let the CE change to another element on the first action, and the other elment changes after a specific delay.

Probably you already knew this, just wanted to tell it just in case...(since Holger hasn't commented here...)
Anyways, I'll add this to the "Mentioned ideas"... then we'll see what happens.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> Currently it does both things as if they were separate change pages.

Yes, because it's not defined as a "delay after the change condition was true and before the change really takes place", but as a "delay after which the CE should change (immediately)".

For historical reasons, it is possible to specify more than one change condition on the same page (this was before introducing the concept of "change pages", to be able to specify a "delay condition", a "direct CE condition" and an "indirect (by other element) CE condition", which were than combined by a logical OR.

But you are right that an additional delay for the purpose of the first definition would be a useful thing.

> The best (and only) workaround for this is to let the CE change to another
> element on the first action, and the other elment changes after a specific
> delay.

Yep, that's right (although it costs an additional CE)...
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

Ah! i just had an idea! rather than what i originally mentioned why not a *go to page*

So if the action on the page is met, it goes to a different page and checks to see if that is possible.
Of course... this would need some kind of tick box that makes the page only check if its triggered from another page... But it would allow *and* situations without using multiple CE's.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> But it would allow *and* situations without using multiple CE's.

I'm afraid that this would not work, because CE conditions are in fact *events*. That means that it works like the following: A certain event occurs, and all pages are checked if that CE does react to that event. This makes it (more or less) impossible to check for more than one event at the same time.