Aligning menu elements to the sides of playfields + some more additions

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

Aligning menu elements to the sides of playfields + some more additions

Post by Eizzoux »

With the new addition of "dynamic borders" you can make the game window stretch to the screen resolutions of the system you're running the game on. But that addition can't really work correctly if you want to add your border graphics or some other stuff you would like to put on. For example, the border isn't stretchable at all: if you set a border graphics, it's constant, you can't do anything with it. I wanted to try to at least make the border out of two different global anims instead of just border texture, but since global anims can't be aligned to the right side of screen, that idea goes to the trash can... If there was any ways of making the border stretch along with the game window...
My attempt on making stretchable window graphic my adding two global anims intentionally aligned to the each side, but it's impossible for now...
My attempt on making stretchable window graphic my adding two global anims intentionally aligned to the each side, but it's impossible for now...
lansd.png (285.21 KiB) Viewed 10002 times
And also it would be really neat to align menu elements to the different sides of playfield individually... like... the menu buttons are keeping close to the left side, while top title keeps being in the center, and the level number along with level number buttons and level preview stays nearby the right side.
And, one more thing, it would be nice to have the game window be somehow changeable in windowed mode at least for testing the dynamic windows you might create. For example, I don't have that opportunity, since both my phone and laptop has 16:9 resolution and there's no way of testing the dynamic window properly for me, so I have to guess if it really works just as I intent it to work.
Normally stretched 16:9 window by the game inself
Normally stretched 16:9 window by the game inself
oeuf1.png (397.56 KiB) Viewed 10002 times
Tried to stretch it wider by myself (current width set by the game itself is 800, max width is 900)
Tried to stretch it wider by myself (current width set by the game itself is 800, max width is 900)
oeuf2.png (425.14 KiB) Viewed 10002 times
Tried to stretch in height... not shrinking, of course...
Tried to stretch in height... not shrinking, of course...
oeuf3.png (828.17 KiB) Viewed 10002 times
𒈟