Use different graphics for BD rocks and EM rocks

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

ncrecc

Use different graphics for BD rocks and EM rocks

Post by ncrecc »

RIght now, snap-pushing BD rocks seems like an underutilized mechanic since there's no way to tell them apart from EM rocks (which are not snap-pushable) until you try snapping them.

It doesn't really matter what the graphics themselves look like, even something like its appearance in the editor would be fine. Just the ability to tell EM and BD rocks apart from a glance is what I'm asking.

(On a side note, it might also be nice to have different graphics for lamps and sokoban objects...)
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Use different graphics for BD rocks and EM rocks

Post by Holger »

This is definitely a perfectly valid request, and I do agree.

In fact (as in many cases like this), this is somewhat "historically grown" -- using the same graphics for different (even though similar) game elements until they are replaced by dedicated graphics... which is then never done. Oh well. :(

And you're also right about the lamp and Sokoban object graphics, which should indeed be different -- Sokoban objects should classically be boxes! However, I'm afraid that quite some people will protest if I change the "lamp" style graphics for the Sokoban objects in R'n'D to boxes... so maybe I should use boxes with a lamp or something like that, which looks reasonably similar to the old lamps, but looks clearly different than the "real" lamps. :?