eats mouse cursor

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

filbo

eats mouse cursor

Post by filbo »

Probably an interaction with SDL libs?

Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS, linux 3.13.0-46-generic x86_64
[ RnD 3.3.1.2 || RnD 4.0.0.0-git ] build with SDL, not SDL2

Version Information reports SDL libs as same versions compiled as linked:

SDL 1.2.14
SDL_image 1.2.10
SDL_mixer 1.2.11
SDL_net 1.2.7

Problem: when starting a levelset with splash image(s), the mouse cursor disappears while the splash images are displayed. This is problematic when in windowed mode; I can't figure out where the cursor went, so have trouble dealing with window manager widgets.

Cursor reappears after satisfying the image(s).

e.g. levelset "Amiga Mine 24" (/usr/share/games/rocksndiamonds/levels/Emerald Mine Club/emc_amiga_mine_24) has two more or less identical splash screens. If I start the game when that's my current levelset, I have to click twice in the window, or hit space twice, before the mouse cursor reappears.
Holger
Site Admin

Re: eats mouse cursor

Post by Holger »

Hm, ups, sorry -- this was in fact by intention (no problem with SDL libraries here).

When displaying title screens, the mouse pointer was always invisible so far (regardless of the mouse being moved).

When playing, the mouse pointer is also invisible (limited to the playfield area), but becomes visible again once the mouse is moved. When the mouse is not moved for at least one second, the mouse pointer is hidden again.

I have changed the behaviour on title screens to act the same (but on the whole screen), so the mouse pointer will still be hidden, but will be shown again as soon as you move the mouse.

Committed and pushed to git repository.
filbo

Re: eats mouse cursor

Post by filbo »

Sounds like a good fix; can't test due to problems I just posted about.