Test Debugging

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Rockford4ever

Test Debugging

Post by Rockford4ever »

Here's the deal: a menu accessable by some key during testing edited levels, that gives you options like 'Give Key 1', 'Teleport' and 'Switch Gravity' so if you want to test a certain part, you don't have to permantently put the player on an other spot and put a key next to him.
Current project:
Nope.
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

Great Idea! I can't stand having to move rockford all over the place for testing, especially because I usually forget to put him back. :lol:
Those who can't learn will teach; those who can't teach will learn.
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

It shouldn't be too hard to build a CE engine that can be integrated with levels to do that, but then, it would be convenient to have it built in.
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

I vote for the CE Engine system. For me, this seems like a feature that could be nice to have, but would cost more than it's worth.
And besides, there's always the quick-load and quick-save functions.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Good and useful idea! But instead of using a complex menu system, I would vote for a DOOM style, shortcut based cheat system (remember "idkfa" or "iddqd"?). This would both be easy to implement and quick and easy to use.
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

Hopefully it would be documented somewhere...
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.